Wednesday, October 24, 2012

It's Been Awhile.....

Well hey there fellow bloggers! Sorry I've taken so long to write another post!  I hope you are all doing well and that your lives are being led in the direction you want them to.  If not, no need to worry; that's alright too :) 

Some say that you have to create a vision of what you would like your life to be like in order to have  goals to reach.  I've found that not letting my imagination run wild is actually better because I'm not disappointed when things don't go exactly the way I had planned them.  I figured that coming back up to Utah State as a sophomore would make my life completely perfect and that things would go a million times better.  I mean, summer was great.  I made a lot of new friends, reunited myself with old friends, had a great job, made some good money,  lost weight, and came back up feeling on top of the world.  However, I'll admit that having the expectation that everything would be perfect was probably a bit overrated.  I haven't dated much, gained some weight back (curse you, chocolate! curse you!), classes are super hard (Business Stats, Economics, Management and Information Systems, Creative Arts.....), friendships have been hard to maintain back at home, living with people I don't know has been rough, and the guy I may or may not have a crush on hasn't been contacting me.  Okay, okay; now before I start sounding too pathetic I will get to the point.  As I gave myself a few smacks on the cheeks, stepped back and looked at the situation, and gathered my bearings, I realized that I AM ALRIGHT.  I live in a beautiful apartment with my best friend, have lots of friends, support and love from my wonderful parents, and am under the constant watch of my Heavenly Father.  Things will happen at the  right time, for the right reason, in the right manner.  I know that's cliche' but really, there is no need to stress about everything!  So, for all you worriers out there, take a minute to pause and recognize the little things that are going the direction they should.  There isn't a moment when absolutely everything is going awry! There is always something going the way it needs to, even if you don't want it that way. You will be just fine :)


4 comments:

  1. this makes me so happy:) and it is exactly what i needed to hear after our stress talk haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good! I'm so glad!! I really need to blog more....

      Delete
  2. aw, I'm sorry things were rough, but it sounds like they are doing better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tarah, your amazing! This really is sooo true!

    ReplyDelete