Wednesday, October 31, 2012

This is Halloween

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!!!  

Here's a little poem for this fine Autumn day! 

To Autumn by William Blake 

O Autumn, laden with fruit, and stain'd 
With the blood of the gape, pass not, but sit
Beneath my shady roof; there thou may'st rest, 
And tune thy jolly voice to my fresh pipe,
And all the daughters of the year shall dance! 
Sing now the lusty song of fruits and flowers.

'The narrow bud opens her beauties to
The sun, and love runs in her thrilling veins;
Blossoms hang around the brows of Morning, and 
Flourish down the bright cheeks of modest Eve,
Till clust'ring Summer breaks forth into singing,
And feather'd clouds strew flowers round her head.

'The spirits of the air live in the smells
Of fruit; and Joy, with pinions light, roves round
The gardens, or sits singing in the trees.'
Thus sang the jolly Autumn as he sat,
Then rose, girded himself, and o'er the bleak 
Hills fled from our sight; but left his golden load. 

I hope you all have a wonderful night filled with fun, friends, and creepy occurrences! :) 

The execution
Frankenstein, Nike, and a Kitten
















4 comments:

  1. Hi!! I just found your blog through Sara Harris' blog! It's so so lovely!
    Sincerely,
    Your Newest Follower

    Feel free to give my blog a visit. :)

    XOXO
    Becca
    http://beccakatherine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Becca!! Isn't Sara's blog wonderful?? I simply adore it. Thank you so much for checking my blog out. It will be my pleasure to follow yours :)

      Sincerely,

      Tarah :)

      Delete
  2. Hope you had a great Halloween!! Love your blog, I am your newest follower!! :)
    -Bridgette
    Follow me back? bridgettenicole.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bridgette,

      I just took a peek at your blog and it is adorable!! I loved your newest post because I am a coat fanatic. If I could have a pea coat in every color I wouldn't want or need anything else in my wardrobe! Thank you for giving my blog a try :) Can't wait to see more posts on yours!

      Sincerely,

      YOUR newest follower :)

      Delete