Saturday, June 9, 2012

Oh Grandma....

My dear sweet grandmother, Carmona, was over at my house yesterday.  We chatted as usual about work, school, and how my friends are doing.  After mentioning something about my car, Grandma screeched, "Wait!! You will never guess what happened to me the other day.  Get a load of this..."  Her eyebrows furrowed, she leaned over the table, and I knew a great story would ensue.  "You know all of that construction going on out on Bangerter Highway?" she asked.  "Well, I was turning left on a green arrow into the intersection, when traffic came to a complete halt.  I was totally stuck there! I couldn't move at all and there was nothing I could do about it.  Traffic slowly inched forward as the lights parallel to my car turned green.  I received every look ranging from utter disgust to complete understanding.  Just when I thought the ordeal was over, a rather ugly middle aged man rolled down his window and barked, "Get out of the way you stupid old grandma!"  I was so mad that I stuck my head right out the window and yelled, "Shut up, you stupid ignorant punk!" Then I did this..."  Grandma stood up with her fists at her side, arched her neck forward, and stuck her tongue out as far as she could.  With a nod of her head, she sat back down, folded her arms, and said, "Boy, did I show him!  No idiot on the street is going to call me a stupid old woman!"  

All I know is that I want to be just like my grandmother when I get older!  That woman doesn't let ANYONE push her around! 

6 comments:

  1. Hahahaha! I laughed so hard! That's so freaking funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wait! what is this?? a blog post?!?!?!? i don't believe my eyes! haha its a miracle! and yes. i loved this post. hilarious BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BAHAHA! That is so funny! Your grandma sounds hilarious! And what kind of a person yells "get out of the road stupid grandma!" ??? He desreved it for sure! Just found your blog and have loved getting to know you better! I'm excited to follow along!

    new follower :)
    bonnie
    bonnielouisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you, Bonnie! I'm so glad to have a new friend on Blogger :) If you don't mind, I would love to follow your blog! Seriously though; who in the heck yells that an an elderly woman?? Some people.... hahaha.

      Delete
  4. Oh man, I just stumbled across your blog, and this story just made my whole day :) You tell him, Grandma!

    http://autodidacticambitions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Newest follower here! Great post. I can't wait to read more.
    -meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete